Anglesea is a year-round playground for the adventurous and curious. With a seemingly endless supply of spectacular beaches, adventure activities and nature experiences, you’ll have to schedule carefully to leave enough time to sample the local produce.
1. Kangaroo Tours at Anglesea Golf Club At $10 for adults and $5 for kids, the Roo Tours at Anglesea Golf Club offers one of the coast’s most budget-friendly nature experiences. Distance from Great Ocean Road Resort: Short walk
2. Anglesea Beaches Anglesea’s beaches are famous for their spectacular red cliffs, protected bays and hiking trails. A few ‘not to be missed’ beaches include Point Addis, Anglesea Beach and Point Roadknight.
3. Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery Delight in free chocolate and ice cream tastings, watch the art of chocolate making and say hello to their European Chocolatiers. Festivals and special events run throughout the year so check their events calendar when planning your trip! Distance from Great Ocean Road Resort: 10-minute drive
4. Surf Coast Walk Offering natural beauty and easy access, the 44km Surf Coast Walk can be joined and exited at any number of locations including Anglesea. Distance from Great Ocean Road Resort: Short walk
5. Anglesea Paddle Boats & Canoe Hire Hiring a canoe from Anglesea Paddle and Canoe is the perfect way to explore the arms of Anglesea River. Distance from Great Ocean Road Resort: Short walk
6. Learn to Surf – Go Ride a Wave provides a safe and friendly progression for you to learn to surf at one of our local beaches. Distance from Great Ocean Road Resort: Short walk
7. Bells Beach Home of the world’s longest running surf competition, the Rip Curl Pro, Bells Beach is infamous amongst surfers, worldwide. Watch the waves roll in from several accessible viewpoints. Distance from Great Ocean Road Resort: 15-minute drive.
8. Anglesea Mountain Bike Trails Having undergone upgrades, the bike trails that weave through Anglesea’s spectacular beachside heath, have never been more accessible. Distance from Great Ocean Road Resort: Short ride
9. Split Point Lighthouse Split Point Lighthouse is a must on any trip to the coast, combining epic views over cliffs and sea stacks, numerous walking trails and a glimpse into times of old. Distance from Great Ocean Road Resort: 15-minute drive
10. Bellbrae Estate – Cellar Door Wine, cheese, beautiful surroundings and space for the kids to run around. If this sounds like you, then put a visit to Bellbrae Estate on the to-do list. Distance from Great Ocean Road Resort: 10-minute drive.
To make the most of your time and see the best the region has to offer, we recommend an overnight stay (or longer) at the Great Ocean Road Resort, Anglesea. Situated opposite the beautiful Anglesea River, you’ll be within short walking distance to the main shops, Anglesea Beach, Anglesea Golf Club and numerous walking trails.
Explore everything about a region by selecting a location.
Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the Great Ocean Road region the Wadawuurung, Eastern Maar & Gunditjmara. We pay our respects to their Ancestors, past present and emerging. We recognise and respect their unique cultural heritage and the connection to their traditional lands. We commit to building genuine and lasting partnerships that recognise, embrace and support the spirit of reconciliation, working towards self-determination, equity of outcomes and an equal voice for Australia’s first people.